Training Log Comparison
I have attempted to catalog a number of the options for training logs. Below are some of the one's I've looked at, along with some that I need other user's input on.
I use SportTracks and export workouts to Dailymile for others to see. The combination works great.
- SportTracks - The best training log, with extensible functionality via plugins. This is my top recommendation for serious runners.
- Dailymile - This is my top pick for social logging. Casual runners can use this site as their only training log, or combine it with SportTracks fir more sophisticated analytics.
2 Good Logging, Poor Social
If you use these options, I would recommend double entering your workouts with Dailymile.com
- Polar ProTrainer - The best software for Polar users, and some of the best reporting and analytics I have found.
3 Looks Good
- RunningAHEAD - A nice site with lots of reporting options and support for Garmin GPS. It has a Facebook application and built in forums.
- Garmin Connect - Easy to use and reasonable functionality, but there are probably better options out there.
- Athleticore - A very minimalist site, focused on running groups, either eductional or other organizations.
4 Two Thumbs Down
Things I've used and disliked.
- Mapmyrun - a very clutered site with lots of adverts (premium membership available)
- Garmin Training Center - Very crappy desktop software for Garmin GPS
- PolarPersonalTrainer - No social networking support, which is unforgivable in a web based training log
- Excel Training Log - Create your own training log and reports.
- Pen and Paper Training Log - If you prefer the idea of pen and paper, this may work for you.
- Athlinks - Great site for finding your race results, but not really a training log
6 Need More Information
If you are a user of any of these, please let me know and I will add in the extra details.